Monday, August 24, 2009

Yosemite and other places

Our first "no kids" trip. We started our trip with a stay in Reno with Jeff's brother Kevin and family. They have a darling home that could compete with any bed and breakfast around. As we drove by Lake Tahoe, we decided to pull over and jump in.


Yosemite. We camped in the park and spent the days hiking and hiking. Some folks from India took this photo for us. We felt like natives with all the International company.


A sequoia tree and me in Yosemite
We loved these giant fairyland trees.


A tunnel was carved in this sequoia to get a horse and buggy
through in the early 1900s.


Jeff is a bit smaller than this tree.
Our favorite hike in Yosemite was up to Vernal Falls.

After a night below freezing, Jeff coaxed me out of the tent with a fire and breakfast.

But he also coaxed me into a freezing ocean in Monterey. No one else thought it was warm enough to swim.



After seeing China Town in San Francisco, we decided to eat at an Indian restaurant.

We're glad to be back in Utah. We came back to Provo and then moved a week later. Thank to those who helped us pack up and move. You were helpful and in good spirits.

And finally, we've felt the longing to nurture a newborn again and are expecting a little one the end of February/first of March.


17 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fun trip. When you guys were telling us about it, I didn't realize that you didn't have any kids. I have been longing for that kind of get away! And congrats on the new baby! I'm so excited for you guys. Glad you've made it safely to Logan as well. We miss you already.

Cami said...

Emi! What a great trip! It looks like a beautiful place! It sounds like Jeff to be so spirited about swimming and camping in such cold weather. Oh my goodness! You are expecting! Wow! Congratulations! I hope you are settling well into your new place. Thanks for sharing the good news!

Mary said...

Congratulations on the new little one! What a lucky baby! :) Also, what a fun trip! We were just in San Francisco too! We just missed eachother! Where did you move to? We miss you! We were in Utah a couple weeks ago and drove by hoping that you were home, but I guess you were off on other adventures! We wish you all the best in your new adventures!

Ashley said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

Jennie said...

Congratulations on your little one! We miss you guys.

Jason said...

Am I to understand you drove right past us without stopping by to say hi? :) Congratulations! Looked like a fun trip.

The MK Crew said...

Yay! Kid-less trips are so great sometimes! And how exciting to be expecting a baby! You guys are great parents! What blessed kids you have!

Chris said...

Go Petersons.

Kimberly said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Jaimee said...

Congrats, you guys!! I am so excited for you.

Looks like a fun trip - those trees are gigantic!

Let's get together sometime soon.

Corinne said...

What a treat to spend time with your number one honey! Congrats on your pregnancy- I hope you are feeling well and getting the rest you need. Growing a baby sure does take a lot of work so take care my dear friend!

Christenson Family Blog said...

Your trip looks really fun, and congratulations on your coming little one.

Monica said...

Thanks for posting pics of the trip...looks like lots of fun! Hope you are getting settled o.k. I'm taking a well-deserved break from packing right now! Hope all the sickness has cleared out by now :)

Quinn said...

Congratulations! We're excited for you.

Lombardo Family said...

What a fun trip and fantastic news! YOu two make such great parents that you should offer lessons. Good for you guys! We missed you in Idaho and would have LOVED to seen you all. Next time for sure.

Ginger said...

I can't believe that in the past three visits with you that I haven't even inquired about your trip. Some friend I am! Be ready to share all the gory details next time I see you!

And my congrats to you on the baby also. I forget that you're expecting because you are barely even showing. Lucky girl!

See you Thursday. Feel free to come by earlier to chat if you so desire.

The Tufts said...

Emily-
Hello, long-lost friend! I had heard that your blog was private, and then just learned that it wasn't. What a beautiful family you have and congratulations on your new baby! That really is one lucky baby.
I missed seeing you at the reunion, but it looks and sounds like you guys have been busy...hopefully you are feeling settled in your new home. I would love to catch up sometime. Here is my email--tuftfam@msn.com. Send me yours so I can invite you to my blog (aren't they really just the best way to keep/stay in touch?) Hopefully I'll hear from you soon!
--Bethany (Rudd)