Thursday, June 26, 2008

Family of Four


Rachel Emily


After much indecision on my part and patience on Jeff's part, our little girl will be called Rachel Emily.

I grew up hearing stories about my great grandmother Rachel Emily. One of my favorite stories was when my great grandpa pushed her to church in a wheelbarrow because she needed to play the organ at church, but was too pregnant to walk there. They lived in and ran the Thomas Mercantile that you see as the only building when driving through Swan Lake, Idaho (between Downy and Preston).


Rachel has lots of soft dark hair. Nothing is softer than newborn hair. She has dark eyelashes, small puckery lips, long fingers and toes, and short legs. Our family (and my joy) feels more complete with her.



I love being a family of four. James has been so "soft" with Rachel and likes to "help her" when she cries.



Thanks to our moms, James has fared very well with our new addition. He sees himself as grandma's equal and chatters all day about how to do things. His recent cuteness includes reading "If You Give A Moose A Muffin" and then promptly asking for a muffin for him to eat. He is so proud of himself for making the connection between a book and real life.

He also loves to imitate Jeff whether that be fixing a turned-over chair with a screw driver or sliding down the stairs on his tummy face first. He loves to play horse with Jeff after work.

16 comments:

benandmonitanner said...

Rachel Emily is beautiful, I love the name you chose. I also love the clip of James and the itsy bitsy spider! You look well, I hope you feel half as well as you look. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys.
Love,
Moni

Chris said...

I concur- you look great- and I hope you're feeling well. Rachel is beautiful.

torquate said...

That's a fantastic name. Those are great pictures.

J & K Shapiro said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I saw Mary this morning and she told me your news, then your pictures came! What a happy day for me. I am so excited for you and your family. Rachel is absolutely beautiful. I am looking forward to holding her at the end of the summer! What a blessed little girl, surely a noble daughter. All the best to you all!
Love,
Kara

{z} said...

Emily...your little girl is adorable! I just want to hold her. Congrats to you. I hope that you are healing quickly. Rebecca had her little boy the same day you had Rachel.

Mary said...

Emily! She's is beautiful! I love her name and love the family ties to the beautiful name! James looks like a proud big brother! We love you all!

Tanya said...

James is so BIG!! Rachel is adorable. We are so happy for your family. (Emma thinks Rachel is ADORABLE).

Corey said...

The Christensen family loves baby Rachel. She is beautiful and it was fun to see her picture, and see video of James singing to her. What a great big brother! Emily, you look fabulous and we hope you are starting to feel that way. We love you!
Kristie and family:)

Corinne said...

Hurray! I love the post. Rachel is so sweet. Congrats and I can't wait to chat. I hope you are healing well.

Jennie said...

Congratulations Emily! We are so happy for your little family!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Em. What a cute kid.

JT42 said...

what a beautiful name with a beautiful connection-we try to do "family" names as much as possible in our house-love the story. she is ADORABLE! you look great and your son is so "grown-up" :) hope to see you sometime soon
Terressa (ward) Thornock
thornock42.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

Congratulations! She is an adorable baby. I hope things are going well! I had low iron the last half of my pregnancies, so I totally feel for you on being tired before the baby even arrives! Good luck!! I hope you are all doing well. I hope it's okay, but I'd like to mention that you had your baby on your Law Partners group, if that's okay, just so other spouses know you had your cute baby. If you like a picture posted, send me one to byulawpartners@gmail.com. Oh, and any information like how much she weighed, date of birth, length, etc (of course, if you want that info listed; the site is only open to Law Partners we've added so it's safe!) Take care! I'm excited to see Rachel in person come August. Oh, and I am a very indecisive person, so I totally understand difficulties choosing a name! :)

-Jenny Infanger

Lynette said...

Congrats! You guys have the cutest family! This is Lynette by the way. We miss you guys. Rachel is so adorable and your little boy is growing up!! He was just a tiny thing last time I saw him. Hope you are doing well and having fun being a mother of two.

Nora said...

I'm so glad we found you guys. HOW ARE YOU? Rachel is just stunning, and, Emily, I hopeyou're recovering OK after your Csection. Man are those rough; I had one w/Samuel. We love you and would love to catch up: noraharrison@gmail.com
http://harrisonfamilyfun.blogspot.com
Love, Nora and Adam Harrison

Dallon and Heidi Jones said...

We love the cute little Rachel Emily you brought to the world! Congrats! Wish we could have stayed a couple of weeks longer to meet her! Good luck with being mom of two...you'll do great!
Heidi