For home evening last night Emily and I went to the Clarkston Cemetery where my ancestor Russel King Homer is buried. He first met Joseph Smith in 1830 but didn't join the Church until 1844, due mostly to his wife's not wanting to join until then. The Prophet Joseph said Russel had been converted for so long and done so much to help the Church that he was worthy to have the higher priesthood conferred upon him, so he was ordained an elder the same day he was baptized. He has an inspiring life story that I will gladly share with anyone who expresses interest.The white headstone in the foreground belongs to Russel King Homer. The tall grey one belongs to Martin Harris.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Russel King Homer
Posted by
Jeff
at
7:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I see now that I should have cleaned the bird poop off the top of the headstone before photographing it. My apologies.
We'll have to get together sometime and you can tell us the story. I think it is great that you both have ties to Cache Valley! I hope you are enjoying your stay here. By the way . . . Rachel Emily is a great name, but I'm wondering if you shouldn't have named her Homer instead??
That is a great FHE. What an amazing experience to see the grave of a loved one you never knew personally, but whom you know so much about.
Wow that's amazing! I totally would love to hear about him. I LOVE to hear about stories of anyone's ancestors; it's very interesting to me. How are you guys?!
Post a Comment