The 4th and 5th were good days for us. This is a long post, so try not to be daunted. We started with a ward breakfast and playing at the Jones's house (Emily's cousins). James had a hard time relaxing on the tire swing.
Then, after a long nap, we climbed the steps to Mount Doom, Logan.
We stopped halfway because there was a nice bridge to sit on, and we weren't really interested in destroying any rings anyway.
Meanwhile, Rachel started breaking out of her cocoon. We think she'll turn out to be some kind of colorful butterfly (unlike the moths I ended up with as a kid when I captured caterpillars and put them in jars).
From Mordor we headed to Merlin Olsen Park, where we found more water to play in. With no AC in either our car or our apartment, shade and cool water has been our main goal. Brother Olsen provides both.
From there we went up some canyon by Hyrum and found more water. Rachel is absent from this photo because she's kind of a sissy and didn't want to get her feet wet.
James, however, had a different attitude.
As much as he loves water, we think he might be part fish. Or frog. Or Aquaman.
The next day we drove to Bear Lake (once you get a little taste of water, you just want more and more). James led me out to where the water reached his neck, but Emily must have been too scared to take pictures of it.
Then we came back to the kiddie pool for a while.
James buried his truck and tractor with a tablespoon-sized shovel.
He had races with his mom.
And then he walked around flexing his muscles in his stretchy shirt.
We had pizza at Bear Lake Pizza afterward (but left the camera in the car). In all, the weekend was a success.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Water
Posted by
Jeff
at
8:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Jeff, I loved your narration of your 4th weekend. Em, I can't believe you're already out and about racing with James and packing that sweet little butterfly bundle around on nature walks! James, my boys wish they could splash and race with you, and Rachel we hope we get to meet you sooner than later! Thanks for the update guys. We love you lots!
What a fun post and a fun weekend! Lisa is right, Em! You are amazing to be up and going all ready...I hope this means your recovery is going wonderful :)
What a fun time! I agree with the others - you are pretty great to be racing around and hiking already! James is such a cutie in his swim clothes.
I was excited to find your blog. It is fun to see your family and the new addition that you have since we saw you last. I did a double take when I noticed that you are related to the Jones'. They were in our ward here in Hershey, PA before Dallon graduated. (In fact right now Matt is studying from one of the books he gave him.) What are you and your family up to? Are you still in Provo? (If I remember right wasn't Jeff studying law, or was that someone else??) Anyway, Check out our blog at mnerdin.blogspot.com
emily, i found your blog...not sure if you noticed before you had rachel. you look great! your little butterfly looks adorable in that little cocoon of hers. your little james is so cute. where do you live? school, work? check out our blog: thornock42.blogspot.com
Terressa "Ward" Thornock
Emily~
Good to find you. Your kids are so cute! Looks like life is going good. Congrats on the new addition. Our blog is hansenspuds.blogspot.com
Kim Hansen (Hudson)
I love seeing your cute family. It is amazing how much fun holidays are when you have kids. It looks like you guys had a great 4th!
I can't believe you have no AC. You're a better man than I am. After we moved to our new place, we found out that only the top apartments have AC. I was so grateful to get a top floor apartment!
Looks like fun! Emily...you are amazing and you look great! I hope you're all in good spirits in spite of no A/C. You're welcome to come enjoy our swamp cooler air and the water in these parts anytime!
have a happy day!
Ginger
wow, emily! you're so active for just having rachel, and having her the hard way, too. keep it up, you're looking wonderful. everyone looks great, we miss you lots. anytime you're in the east, we'd love to see you.
love, nora and adam. (and samuel)
Post a Comment