Sunday, January 11, 2009

to sum up

Lately we're too busy living life to record it, but here is a picture or two followed by a brief summary since our last post.

We got a Christmas tree that would fit in our car.


While Emily was too sick to go outside, she let James build snowmen inside.


(No comment)

Summary:
  • Jeff went through his penultimate round of law school finals.
  • Emily went through Jeff's penultimate round of law school finals.
  • Emily got a bad cold for the last half of December and the first week of January.
  • Rachel learned to sit up.
  • James doesn't stop talking unless strangers are around.
  • James doesn't stop climbing no matter who's around.
  • We made it to Boise on Christmas Eve.
  • We made it home six days later.
  • We've been sledding a few times.
  • And ice skating once.
  • James started gymnastics.
  • Rachel still doesn't have teeth.
  • Rachel started eating oatmeal.
  • Jeff started eating oatmeal.
  • Emily started teaching 17-year-olds in Sunday school.
  • Jeff is teaching freshman English again.
  • We never got around to sending out Christmas cards.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see an update. All I can say is...
You eat oatmeal? Gross! Good for you, but...yuck. Keep it up though. It will put (more) hair on your chest. Hopefully Rachel can escape this side effect, however.

JT42 said...

you've been busy and having fun...sorry to hear you've been sick, hope you're feeling better. enjoy the winter ;) hope to see more updates-it's great that you're having so much fun LIVING!!!

Corinne said...

Every one looks happy! I love the indoor snowman idea. If we ever get some snow...we are bringing it inside!

Lombardo Family said...

I love that you brought snow inside for James to make a snowman. Too cute! What a great mom you are.

Mary said...

Cute pictures! Looks like fun! We came by to see you guys a couple weeks ago when we were in town, but I guess you were up visiting family! How fun! We miss you and miss getting to play together!

Anonymous said...

Both of your kids look genuinely happy. That is great. I am sorry to hear Emily was ill. Congratulations on nearing completion of law school.

Jenny said...

I love your line that you have been too busy living! For me the blog was one thing I could let slide. I haven't checked blogs in weeks or months but finally took some time to tonight. It's good to have balance and spend time actually living and enjoying our kids sometimes huh? good for you Emily! :)

Lisa C said...

Hey Emily! I found your blog on Lisa and Brock's. Glad to see you're doing so well. Your little girl's hair is amazing. You almost got her name right. If it would have been Ruth, we would totally have parallel lives. Alas, at least you nailed it on the first letter :) My blog is danlisa.blogpsot.com.